- 8 oz medium carrots, peeled
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 c, 8 oz, sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 pkg., 6 oz, frozen chinese pea pods, partially thawed
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- black sesame seeds optional
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
1. Cut carrots diagonally into thin slices.
2. Heat wok over medium-high heat 1 minute. Drizzle vegetable oil into wok. Add carrots; stir-fry until lightly browned. Reduce heat to medium. Add water; cover and cook 4 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
3. Add water chestnuts, pea pods, sesame oil, salt and pepper; stir fry until heated through. Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.