Forgotten Kiss Cookies
- FOR CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE (optional):
- 1 Cup Softened Margarine
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips Or Mini M&ms
- 1 9oz. Bag Hershey Kisses
- 1/4 cups Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon Shortening
1. Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter/margarine, sugars, and vanilla until well blended.
3. Add the flour and blend until smooth.
4. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
5. Mold a scant tablespoon of cookie dough around each unwrapped kiss, covering completely. Shape into balls.
6. Place into un-greased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set.
8. Cool slightly, move from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
9. Prepare chocolate drizzle, if desired, and drizzle over each cooled cookie.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
*Yes, you read it right: there are NO EGGS in this recipe.
To make chocolate drizzle: In a small microwavable bowl, place 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening. Microwave for 30 seconds to melt. stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.