Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole
Go beyond the standard “recipe on the can” casserole by adding Alfredo sauce instead of cream of mushroom soup, water chestnusts, Parmesan cheese and toasted pecans.
- 2 (16-oz.) packages frozen French-cut green beans, thawed
- 1 (10-oz.) container refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1 (8-oz.) can diced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (6-oz.) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (6-oz.) can French fried onions, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Stir together first 6 ingredients and half of French fried onions; spoon mixture into a lightly greased 4-qt. slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook onLOW4 1/2 hours or until bubbly.
3. Heat pecans and remaining half of French fried onions in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted and fragrant; sprinkle over casserole just before serving.