Sweet and Sour Crock Pot Chicken
- 3 medium carrots cut in small pieces
- 1 large green pepper cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion cut in wedges
- 2 T quick cooking tapioca
- 2 1/2 lbs skinned, frozen chicken pieces
- 1-8oz can pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- hot rice
In 3-6 qt crock cookery combine carrots, green pepper and onion. Sprinkle tapioca over vegetables. Place frozen chicken atop vegetables. For sauce, in a small bowl combine undrained pineapple, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, bouillon granules, garlic powder and ginger. Pour sauce over chicken.
Cook low for 10-12 hours, or high for 5-6.
Serve over rice.