Pacific Pork Kebabs With Pineapple Rice
- Vegetable oil for grill grates
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained, coarsely chopped, juice reserved
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for garnish
Heat grill to medium and lightly oil grates. Cook rice according to package instructions. When done, set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk honey and 2 tablespoons pineapple juice. Season with salt and pepper. Alternately thread pork and bell peppers onto skewers. Season with salt and pepper. Grill, brushing occasionally with honey mixture, until pork is cooked through and peppers begin to char, 10 to 15 minutes.
To the rice, add pineapple chunks, scallions, ginger and vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper, and fluff with a fork. Serve with kebabs and lime wedges.
Makes 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Mustard and Maple Glazed Salmon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef and Barley Soup - Martha... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage and Sun-Dried Tomato Quiche 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Red Potatoes with Bacon &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Bacon Supreme 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Pistachio Dessert 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Soft Tacos with pineapple... 0/5 (0 Votes)