Festive Ham and Cheese Wreath
- 2 cups finely shredded Swiss cheese (8 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked ham (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 cans (12 oz each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed or poppy seed
- 2 tablespoons diced red and green bell pepper, if desired
- 1 green onion fan, if desired
Adapted from pillsbury.com
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix cheese, ham, onions and mustard.
2. Separate 1 can of dough into 10 biscuits; leave second can in refrigerator. Separate each biscuit into 2 layers. Press each biscuit layer to form 3½-inch round.
3. Place 1 rounded tablespoon cheese mixture on each dough round. Wrap dough around cheese mixture, pinching edges to seal. Repeat with remaining can of dough and cheese mixture.
4. Arrange 8 balls, seam side down and sides almost touching, to form ring on cookie sheet, leaving 3-inch hole in center. Arrange 14 balls, sides almost touching, around outside of first ring. Arrange remaining 18 balls around outside of second ring. Brush wreath with beaten egg. Sprinkle with sesame seed.
5. Bake at 18 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully slide wreath from cookie sheet onto 14-inch serving platter. Sprinkle with bell pepper. Place onion fan in center of wreath. Serve warm.
To make a green-onion brush, place the tip of a knife at the onion's middle and slit through the green ends. Place the onion in ice water, which will cause the "leaves" to curl; keep the green-onion brush in water until ready to use.
Assemble the wreath on a cookie sheet. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to two hours. Bake as directed in the recipe.
Place the baked wreath on a large decorative platter (pound at your favorite party good store) and surround it with rosemary sprigs.
Assemble the wreath on a cookie
sheet. Cover loosely with plastic wrap
and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Bake
as directed in the recipe.
(Calories from Fat 45); Total Fat 5g
(Saturated Fat 2g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 310mg; Total
Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber 0g; Sugars 3g); Protein 4g