White Chili with a Kick
Store bought rotisserie chicken makes this spicy chili easy. We like it with sour cream, green onions, cheese or salsa on top.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 Tbsp. butter, cubed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 rotisserie chicken, cut up
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 oz) white corn, drained
- 2 cans (4 oz each) chopped green chilies
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded pepper jack cheese
- Salsa and chopped green onions, optional
In a Dutch oven, saute onion in butter. Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Gradually add broth and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Add the chicken, beans, corn, chilies, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and pepper sauce; heat through. Stir in cheese until melted.
Garnish each serving with salsa and green onions if desired.