- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 -3 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- dash of salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 medium potatoes (1 lb)
- 1 cup cheese (optional) cheddar, swiss or havarti
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole and set aside.
In a small saucepan, cook onion and garlic in butter until tender but not brown. Stir in flour, pepper and salt. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
Thinly slice the potatoes. Place half the sliced taters in your prepared casserole. Cover with half the sauce. Repeat the potato and sauce layers.
Bake covered for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for 30 more minutes until the potatoes are tender.
You'll also love
- Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork/Pork Chop Piquante 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Asparagus 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp Skewers with Grilled Rice 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Tuna Noodle Cassserole 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Julie's Potatoes 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp and Grits 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Individual Scalloped Potatoes 4/5 (1 Votes)