German Apple Pancakes
- 1 T groun cinnamon
- 1 T sugar
- 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tart apples
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 c. 2% milk
- 1 c. splenda no calorie sweetener, gransulated
- 3 egg whites
- 4 T butter
Cooking time 12mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix cinnamon and sugar together. Set aside
3. Sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
4. Peel, core, and slice the apples.
5. Combine whole eggs, milk, and SPLENDA granulated sweetener ina food processor
6. Whip egg whites in a separate bowl to soft peaks. Gently told egg whites into egg mixture. Add flour mixture into the batter and gently fold until well mixed.
7. Melt 1 T butter over medium heat in a medium-sized oven proof frying pan. Add 1/4 of the apples and 1/2 T cinnamon sugar mix. Cook until apples begin to brown. Pour one 1/4 of pancake batter into pan.
8. Place pan in preheated oven and bake 12-15 minutes or until firm.
9. Remove pancake from pan by turning upside down onto a plate.
10. Repeat with remaining batter.
11. Garnish with fresh fruit or creme faiche, if desired.
12. Serve immediately.
Fat calories 80
Saturated fat 5 g
fiber 2 g
cholesterol 125 mg
sodium 280 mg