Sausage and Sun-Dried Tomato Quiche
"Rich and flavorful - this pie is made with sun-dried tomatoes, breakfast sausage, fresh herbs, heavy cream, and shallots in a premade pie crust. It is a perfect Sunday morning breakfast quiche."
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hour
- Ready In: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1 (9 inch) frozen pie crust, thawed
- 1/2 pound ground sausage
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 clove clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line pie pan with pie crust, and prick several places with a fork. Place a double layer of aluminum foil over the crust. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes, and then remove foil. Continue baking until crust begins to set, about 5 minutes; remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large skillet, cook sausage until well browned, stirring frequently. Mix in shallots and garlic, and continue cooking for 1 minute. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and 1 tablespoon parsley. Spread mixture into the bottom of the warm pie crust.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with cream. Stir in cheese. Pour mixture over sausage in pie crust. Sprinkle remaining parsley over the top.
4. Bake in preheated oven until crust browns and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 to 60 minutes.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2011 Allrecipes.com
Printed from Allrecipes.com 11/6/2011