Slow Cooker Apple Crisp
- Slow Cooker Apple Crisp Submitted by Melissa
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 About 1 cup white sugar, separated
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, separated
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup butter (one stick), cut into pieces
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 6 cups apples cored, chopped (peeled if desired)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Mix flour, brown sugar, ½ cup of white sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl. Combine butter in with the mixture using a fork or your fingers until coarse crumbs form. Stir in walnuts and set aside.
2. Whisk together 1/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, ginger, and ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
3. Place the apples in the bottom of the slow cooker, stir in the mixture from step 2 (cornstarch mixture); toss with lemon juice.
4. Sprinkle the walnut crumb topping (step 1 mixture) over the top.
5. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours, until apples are tender. After cooking time is complete, uncover the slow cooker to allow the topping to harden for about an hour. We serve this dish with vanilla ice cream!