Red Lentil Soup
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup red lentils (rinsed and cleaned)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 2 large carrots peeled and finely diced
- 3 stalks celery finely diced
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
In a large pot, heat the oil over high heat. Add the onions, garlic and sauté until soft. Stir in the tomato paste, cumin, salt and chili powder and sauté for a minute longer.
Add the broth plus 2 cups of water, lentils, carrots and celery. Bring to a simmer and partially cover the pot, turning the heat to medium low. Simmer until the lentils are soft, approximately 30 minutes.
If you like a thicker soup, puree half the lentils with vegetables and fold back into the mixture. Before serving, stir in cilantro.
You'll also love
- Spicy Sausage and Vegetable... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zesty Margarita Shrimp Cocktail 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Red Potatoes with Bacon &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Brined Herb-Crusted Turkey with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Eyed Peas with Kielbasa 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Salmon with Lentil Salad... 0/5 (0 Votes)