Maple Nut Goodie Bars
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 bag (11.5 oz) milk chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 2 cups butter or margarine
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 can (12 oz) cocktail peanuts (2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 box (4-serving size) vanilla pudding and pie filling mix (not instant)
- 1 bag (2 lb) powdered sugar (7 1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons maple flavor
1. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil. Butter or spray
foil with cooking spray. In large saucepan, melt
chocolate chips and 1 cup of the butter over low
heat, stirring frequently. Remove saucepan from
heat. Stir in peanut butter until well blended.
Spread half of mixture pan. Freeze 10 minutes or
until set. Place pan in refrigerator.
2. Meanwhile, stir peanuts into remaining chocolate
mixture. Set aside.
3. Melt remaining 1 cup butter in large saucepan
over low heat. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Stir
in pudding mix. Cook until mixture is slightly thickened,
stirring constantly. DO NOT BOIL. Remove
saucepan from heat. Stir in powdered sugar and
maple flavor until well blended. Cool slightly, about
4. Carefully spread pudding mixture over chilled
chocolate layer. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
5. Stir reserved chocolate-peanut mixture. Drop
by spoonfuls onto chilled pudding layer; spread to
cover. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or until firm. For
bars, cut into 8 rows by 8 rows. Store in refrigerator.
1 BAR: Calories 230