Roast Pork with Apples and Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 medium red cooking apples, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium dark-orange sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 lb each)
Heat oven to 425 degrees. In medium bowl, mix brown sugar, butter, vinegar, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Reserve 2 Tbsp of the butter mixture.
Add apples, sweet potatoes and onion to remaining butter mixture; toss to coat. Arrange apple mixture in roasting pan or 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake 20 min.
Meanwhile, brush pork with reserved butter mixture. Heat 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook pork in skillet about 3 minutes, turning to brown all sides evenly.
Place pork on apple mixture. Bake uncovered 30-40 min or until pork has slight blush of pink in center and meat thermometer inserted in center reads 160 degrees.
This can be cooked all day in the crockpot instead of the oven as well.
You'll also love
- Grilled New Potato Packet 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Ranch Mashed Potatoes 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Slow cooked Applesauce 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Chops & Gravy(Crock-Pot) 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Rice Stuffed Chicken Breast 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork/Pappardelle with Pork,... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- SWEET POTATO BREAD 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled corn and sweet potato salad 4/5 (1 Votes)