- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated crusty
- French Bread Dough
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced ham
- 1/4 pound sliced swiss or havarti cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced roast beef or turkey
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350. Place both loaves of dough seam side down on a greased 14 inch pizza pan forming one large ring. Pinch ends to seal. With a sharp knife, make eight ½ inch deep slashes across the top of the dough and lightly brush with oil.
Spread garlic over the oil. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
To assemble, cut bread in half horizontally. Brush salad dressing over the cut sides. Layer the bottom half with ham, cheese, beef, lettuce, onion, green pepper and tomato. Replace top. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.