Pork/Pork Fettuccine with Ancho Chili Sauce
- 1 ancho (dried poblano) chile
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 1/2 tsp dried thyme, divided
- 1 3/4 tsp ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups ( 6 oz) sliced portobello mushrooms
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp nonfat sour cream
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine( 8 oz uncooked).
Combine 1 cup boiling water and chile in a bow; cover and let stand 10 minutes. Drain chile in a sieve over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup soaking liquid; discard seeds. Place chile and 1 cup broth in blender; process until chile is finely chopped. set aside. Trim fat from pork; cut crosswise into 1/2" slices. Sprinkle pork with 1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp salt, and pepper. Place a large non stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add pork; saute 4 minutes or until done. remove from skillet; keep warm.
Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat. Add onion; saute 5 minutes. Add chopped chili mixture, mushrooms, 1 1/2 tsp thyme, 3/4 tsp cumin. and 1/4 tsp salt; bring to a boil. reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Cobine flour, 1/2 cup reserved soaking liquid, and 1/2 cup broth; stir well with whisk. Add to mushroom mixture; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in sour cream.
Combine 1 1/2 cups mushroom mixture and pasta; toss well. Spoon 1 cup pasta mixture on four plates; top each with several pork slice and 2 tbsp mushroom mixture.
You'll also love
- Hash Brown Potato Casserole 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pumpkin Crunch Mix 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Beefy Beans 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Turkey/Chicken Fried Rice 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork/Maple Roasted Pork Tenderloin 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spinach Tortellini Sou[p 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spelt Pasta and Vegetable Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Protein Power Baked Ziti 5/5 (1 Votes)