White Chicken Chili
White Chili is usually made with white beans, chicken and chilies instead of red beans, beef, and tomatoes -- is stilll packed with plenty of spicy chili flavor. you can add more kick by increasing the amount of red pepper sauce.
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1 large oinion, chopped, i cup
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chipped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-seze pieces
- 3 cans,, 14 oz, chicken broth
- 2 cans, 15 oz, cannellini beans, drained
- 2 cans, 4.5 oz each old el paso chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp group cumin
- dash ground red pepper, cayenne, if desired
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- chopped fresh cilantro if desired
Cooking time 30mins
1. In 4 qt. saucepan or dutch oven, heat oil over medium high heat until hot. Add onion, garlic, and chicken; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese and cilantro. heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 - 15 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
3. To serve, spoon chili into soup bowls. Top each serving with cheese and cilantro.
Total fat 10 g
fiber 6 g