Creamed Baby Peas & Pearl Onions
- 10 oz. fresh pearl onions, unpeeled but root ends trimmed
- Ice water
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 20 oz. frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper
1.In a large pot of boiling water, blanch the onions for 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool. Gently squeeze the onions from the root end until they pop out of their skins; discard the skins.
2.In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle with the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the half-and-half and bring to a boil; cook until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
3.Add the peas and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chives and season with salt and pepper. Spoon into a serving bowl.
You'll also love
- No Bake orange Cheesecake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked ham stuffed mushrooms 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash medley 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Raspberry Chocolate Chipotle... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Fruit/Rum Basted Pineapple Spears 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tomato and Mozzarella Tilapia Bake 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Lobster Ravioli with Seared... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Applebee's Onion Petal Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)