Blackened Prime Rib
Cayenne gives the rub for blackened prime rib a bit of a kick. The combination of herbs is reminiscent of New Orleans, so let the good times roll!
- Blackened Rub:
- 1(10-pound)1 (10-pound) prime rib roast
- 1 1/2tablespoons1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon ground dried thyme
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon dried oregano
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 405mins
To prepare prime rib roast, trim off excessive fat, leaving a layer of 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick.
To make the rub, mix together paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, black pepper, cayenne pepper, basil and oregano. Can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container.
Coat roast with the spice rub and place in a sealed container in the fridge for 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place prime rib in roasting pan. Roast until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 145°F to 150°F. Remove from oven, cover with foil and let rest 15 minutes. Make pan juices into gravy, if desired.