Red Curried Vieggies
- 1 cup peeled, cut-up butternut squash (from 16-oz package)
- 1 cup broccoflower (or broccoli) florets
- 1/2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sliced almonds
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 3 Tbsp canned light/low-fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
1) Combine butterut squash, broccoli, zucchini, broth and salt in a 1-quart microwaveable dish with lid. Cover and microwave on high until vegetables are crisp-tender, 4-5 minutes.
2) Set medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add almonds and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted, 1-1/2 minutes. Transfer almonds to small plate, set aside.
3) Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add curry paste and cook, stirring frequently until fragrant - about 30 seconds. Stir in coconut milk and vegetables with liquid. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Serve sprinkled with cilantro and almonds.