Trifles serve a crowd and make a presentation
- 1 (16-ounce) angel food cake
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 3 (1.4-ounce) English toffee candy bars, crushed
- 3 (4-serving) packages instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 3 cups skim milk
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 (12-ounce) container fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 115mins
Cube cake and place in large bowl.
To make chocolate sauce: combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and evaporated milk.
Cook over low heat until thickens.
Remove from heat; add coffee liqueur, cool.
Pour chocolate mixture over cake in bowl.
Add crushed candy to cake mixture.
In mixer, beat pudding and 3 cups skim milk until thick. Pour over angel food cake mixture.
In trifle dish, layer cake mixture, banana, and whipped topping. Repeat layers, ending with whipped topping.