Aunt Lou Edna's Cornbread Salad
from Melanie Gaddy
I know she would love for you to have one of her favorite recipes, so I included this one. It's great for get-togethers.
- 1 (8 1/2 oz)pkg. Cornbread muffin mix
- 1 (1 oz) envelope Ranch dressing mix
- 1 (8 oz) carton sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or Craft Miracle Whip Light)
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 (16 oz) cans pinto beans, drained
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 10 slices of bacon, fried crisp & crumbled
- 2 (15 1/4 oz.) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions. Cook and set aside to cool. Stir together the ranch dressing mix, sour cream and mayonnaise until well blended. Set aside. Combine tomatoes and next 3 ingredients. Gently toss. Crumble half of the cornbread into a 3-qt. trifle bowl or a large salad bowl. Top with half of each: Beans, tomato mixture, cheese, bacon, corn and dressing mixture. Repeat the layers. Cover and chill for about 3 hours.