Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup White Lily® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- ORANGE HONEY BUTTER
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
Cooking time 10mins
1. HEAT oven to 450°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
2. COMBINE flour, cinnamon, brown sugar and baking powder in a large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is the size of peas. Add sweet potatoes, stirring just until flour is moistened and dough holds together.
3. TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently 2 to 3 times. Pat or lightly roll to about 1/2-inch thickness. Cut biscuits using a floured 2-1/2 inch cutter, leaving as little dough between cuts as possible. Gather remaining dough and re-roll one time. Cut as described above. Discard scraps.
4. PLACE biscuits on baking sheet with sides touching for soft southern style biscuits or close together but not touching, for biscuits with crisp sides.
5. BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are browned. Combine butter, honey and orange peel until smooth. Serve with warm biscuits.