Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 Tablespoons minced onion
- 1/4 cup real butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup fresh-grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 teaspoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 10 oz. boxes frozen chopped spinach -
- thawed, squeezed dry
- 12 oz. jar artichoke hearts - drained,
- coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, sauté garlic and onion in butter until golden, about 3 - 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in cream and broth and continue cooking until boiling. Once boiling, stir in Romano, lemon juice, hot sauce, and salt; stir until cheese has melted; remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Stir sour cream into pan, then fold in dry spinach and artichoke hearts. Fold the mixture into a microwave-safe serving dish, or into several serving-size dishes.
Sprinkle cheddar evenly over top(s).
At this point, the dip can be refrigerated until ready to serve, if desired.
Microwave dip on 50% power just until cheese has melted.
Notes: Serve with sour cream, salsa, and tortilla chips for dipping.
You'll also love
- Baked ham stuffed mushrooms 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash medley 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tomato and Mozzarella Tilapia Bake 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Pickled Kale 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Quick Chicken, Spinach & Tomato... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Hidden Valley Ranch Spinach Dip 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Rack Of Lamb With Rosemary And... 5/5 (1 Votes)