Pork Chops al Pastor
- Pineapple Salsa:
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 4 (4- to 6-oz.) bone-in loin pork chops, 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 cup chipotle salsa
- 1/2 tsp meat tenderizer (optional)
- 1/2 medium pineapple, peeled, cored and finely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled and finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbs finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbs finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 Tbs fresh lime juice
Place chops in a large resealable plastic bag. Stir tenderizer (if desired) into chipotle salsa; add salsa to bag. Seal bag; refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
For the Pineapple Salsa: In a medium bowl combine pineapple, avocado, beans, cilantro, onion and bell pepper; season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with lime juice; toss to combine. Cover and set aside until serving time.
Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium indirect heat (300°F to 350°F). Remove chops from marinade; discard marinade. Place chops on grill. Grill over indirect heat 4 to 5 minutes per side or to desired doneness. Transfer to a platter. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 10 minutes. Serve with Pineapple Salsa.