Melon Chicken Salad
The combination of sweet honey, salty soy sauce, tart vinegar, bitter daikon radish, and savory chicken make this inspired chicken salad one for the repeat recipe file.
Amount per serving
Calories from fat: 30%
Saturated fat: 1.8g
Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
Polyunsaturated fat: 3.9g
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter $
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3 cups (2 x 1/4-inch) strips honeydew melon
- 3 cups (2 x 1/4-inch) strips cantaloupe $
- 2 cups (2 x 1/4-inch) strips daikon radish
- 1 cup (2 x 1/4-inch) strips peeled English cucumber $
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions $
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast $
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro $
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted $
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add honeydew and next 4 ingredients (through green onions); toss well to coat.
Place 2 cups melon mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1/2 cup chicken. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cilantro over each serving; top each with 1 1/2 teaspoons walnuts. Serve immediately.