- 4 Tbls. Clarified butter
- 1/2 cup Onions, brunoise cut
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 Tbls. White wine
- 2 Tbls. Tomato paste
- 2 tsp. Prepared mustard
- 2 1/2 cups Demiglaze or Brown sauce
- 1 1/4 cups Sour cream
- 2 1/2 lbs. Beef tenderloin tips, trimmed of all fat, cut into thin strips, about 1 1/2 by 1/2 inch
- 4 Tbls. Oil
1. Heat the butter in the saute pan and saute the onions and mushrooms briefly without letting them get brown.
2. Add the white wine and reduce by half over high heat.
3. Stir in the mustard and tomato paste. Then add the demiglaze. Reduce over high heat until thickened.
4. Stir in the sour cream and season to taste. Keep the sauce hot in a bain marie.
5. Heat the oil in the saute pan over high heat until almost to the smoke point. Saute the beef quickly, until well browned but not overcooked. It should be still pink inside. If necessary, saute in serval batches or in more than one pan, to avoid overcrowding the pan.
6. Remove the meat from the pan and decard excess fat.
7. Add the sour cream sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer. Stir in the meat and adjust the seasoning.
8. Serve immediately with noodles or spaetzle.