Low Carb Carrot Cake
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup light-tasting olive oil, PLUS (150 mL)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (15 mL)
- 1/3 cup granulated erythritol (75 mL)
- Liquid sweetener to equal 2/3 cup (150 mL)
- 3/4 cup grated zucchini (175 mL)
- 3/4 cup grated carrot (175 mL)
- 1 tbsp orange zest (15 mL)
- 13/4 cups Gluten-Free Bake Mix (425 mL)
- 11/2 tsp baking soda (7 mL)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (1 mL)
- 1/4 cup raisins, snipped in half (60 mL)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, OR hazelnuts (60 mL)
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz regular cream cheese, softened (250 g)
- 1/3 cup powdered erythritol (75 mL)
- Liquid sweetener to equal 1/4 cup (60 mL)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened (60 mL)
- 2 tbsp heavy cream (30 mL)
- 11/2 tsp vanilla extract (7 mL)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from low-carb-news.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 8-inch (20 cm) springform pan with parchment paper. Grease and dust with bake mix. In food processor, process eggs. Add all olive oil, erythritol and liquid sweetener; process. Add zucchini; process. Stir in grated carrots and orange zest.
In large bowl, combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix 1, baking soda and cinnamon. Pour egg mixture into well in dry ingredients and stir well until thickened. Stir in raisins and walnuts, OR hazelnuts. Scrape into prepared springform pan.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until browned and dinner knife inserted in cake comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Refrigerate after 36 hours. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Cream Cheese Frosting: In food processor, process cream cheese. Add erythritol (make sure there are no lumps, blend if necessary in blender or coffee bean grinder), liquid sweetener, butter, heavy cream and vanilla; process.
Yield: 16 servings
4.2 g protein
15.6 g fat
5.3 g net carbs