Cheesy Bacon & Corn Casserole
Cheesy bacon and corn casserole is the perfect combination of gooey, cheesy goodness, crisp, savory bacon, and sweet, succulent corn kernels, for the perfect side dish recipe that the whole family will love. Pair this perfect side dish recipe with smother pork chops, beautifully cooked steak, or even just a lightly dressed side salad for the perfect dinner menu for any busy weeknight or lazy weekend feast.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 to 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 dash paprika
- 3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (15-ounces) can corn kernels, salt and sugar-free, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions or chives
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from tastykitchen.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Add the oil and garlic to a large skillet and cook on low for a couple of minutes until the garlic has softened but not browned. Whisk in the flour until it forms a paste and then slowly whisk in the milk. Add the flour mixture to the pan and cook on low heat for a couple of minutes until it thickens. Season with salt, black pepper, and paprika.
Turn off the heat and whisk in 1/2 cup of the cheese until it is incorporated. Add the corn, scallions, and bacon then stir to combine. Remove pan from the heat.
Pour the mixture into one or more baking dishes. I used 2 (12-ounce) size casserole dishes. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the top is a light golden brown.
You'll also love
- Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Orange Tapioca Pudding Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini & Potato Tian 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Asian broiled pork steaks 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- BLT Bacon Bourbon Cocktail 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Gingered Onion and Beef Soup with... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Herbed Ricotta Pasta with Corn and... 5/5 (3 Votes)