Carrots with Spiced Glazed
- 1 bunch of thin carrots (1 lb) cut into 1 inch pieces
- or 1 lb of the small already prepaired carrots.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon of orange juice
- 2 tablespoon Sherry or sweet vermouth divided
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon of fresh tarragon leaves (dry tarragon works too).
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
--Bring carrots, butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt, peppercorns, bay leaf and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
--Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook, 7-8 minutes stirring occasionally until just tender.
--Using a slotted spoon remove the cooked carrots to a bowl, cover and keep warm.
--Add orange juice, 1 tablespoon sherry, and ground cloves to the carrot cook pot and cook the liquid down to a glaze - 7-8 minutes.
--Next add the carrots and remaining 1 tablespoon sherry back into the cook pot. Stir to coat carrots and season with salt and pepper.