Italian Beef Sandwiches
- 1 beef tip sirloin roast (4-1/2 pounds), cut in half
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or additional beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 10 Italian sandwich rolls (6 inches), split
Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the broth, beer or additional broth, water, vinegar, soup mix, salad dressing mix, garlic, oregano and basil; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove roast. When cool enough to handle, shred meat, using two forks. Return to slow cooker and heat through. Using a slotted spoon, spoon shredded meat onto each roll. Serve juices as a dipping sauce. Yield: 10 servings.