Steak and Cheese Sandwiches with Mushrooms- Cooking Light
Amount per serving
Calories from fat: 23%
Saturated fat: 4.1g
Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups presliced onion
- 2 cups green bell pepper strips
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic 1 cup presliced mushrooms
- 3/4 pound top round steak, trimmed and cut into thin strips 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce 4 (0.6-ounce) slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, cut in half 4 (2 1/2-ounce) hoagie rolls with sesame seeds
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Add mushrooms to pan; sauté 4 minutes. Sprinkle beef with salt and black pepper. Add beef to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in Worcestershire sauce; cook 1 minute.
2. Place 1 cheese slice half on bottom half of each roll, and top each serving with one-fourth of beef mixture. Top with remaining cheese slice halves and tops of rolls.