Caramel Apple Yummy Bars
Apples, caramel and nuts are combined to perfection in these sweet and delicious bar treats.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 4 1/2 cups coarsely chopped peeled tart apples
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14-ounce) package caramels
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and brown sugar until fluffy. Add the flour, oats, salt and baking soda; mix well. Stir in pecans if desired. Set aside 2 cups.
Press remaining oat mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. For filling, toss apples with flour; spoon over the crust. In a saucepan, melt the caramels and butter over low heat; drizzle over apples. Top with the reserved oat mixture.
Bake at 400°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting into bars.
You'll also love
- Country Blueberry Pie 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Creamy Roasted Tomato Basil Soup 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- (Juice) Green Lemonade 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Homemade Hamburger Helper 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- APPLE CRISP 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Low Calorie Apple Crisp 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Bob's Big Boy Secret Sauce 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Apple Spice Dump Cake 4.3/5 (3 Votes)