Smoked Trout Dip
Delicious home made smoked trout dip. Wonderful in a grilled cheese, or just to dip crackers/pita in!
- 2 fillets of smoked trout (about 14 oz.)
- 3 heaping Tablespoons of mayo (more or less to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 of a red onion, finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon capers, finely diced
- Dash of caper juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Flake the fish off of the skin into a large bowl
Mix in the mayo, cream cheese, and lemon juice to the desired consistency you prefer (I prefer my smoked trout dip extra creamy, so if you like yours drier, use less mayo than I have written here).
Add the other ingredients and combine.