Spaghetti Pie (WW 7 pts)
- “Crust” Ingredients
- 2 c thin spaghetti, cooked
- 1 oz parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 T, plus 1 tsp butter or olive oil
- Filling Ingredients
- 3/4 c ricotta cheese, part-skim
- 2 tsp butter or olive oil
- 1/2 c diced onion
- 1/2 c diced red or green pepper
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 5 oz cooked and drained ground beef (weight after cooking)
- 1 1/2 c diced tomatoes with liquid, or 1 1/2 c crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- I used Whole Wheat Pasta, Egg Beaters, Low Fat Ricotta, Red Pepper, Diced tomatoes (Italian) & Lean Ground Beef **
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from mom2mycrazy2.blogspot.com
1- Combine ingredients for crust in a bowl. Spray a 9” pie plate with cooking spray. Spread pasta mixture evenly over the bottom and up the side of the pan.
2- Preheat oven to 350º.
3- Carefully spread ricotta cheese over bottom of spaghetti crust.
4- Heat oil or butter in a skillet. Sauté onions, peppers, and garlic.
5- Add ground beef, tomatoes, tomato paste. Simmer on low for 45 minutes to soften meat. Add a little water if needed.
6- Spread mixture over ricotta and pasta.
7- Bake 30 minutes.
8- Distribute mozzarella over pie and heat until cheese begins to brown, about 10 minutes.
9- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes before cutting.