Cornish Hens with Rosemary and Garlic
- 4 Cornish game hens
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, for garnish
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
Rub hens with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Lightly season hens with salt and pepper. Place 1 lemon wedge and 1 sprig rosemary in cavity of each hen. Arrange in a large, heavy roasting pan, and arrange garlic cloves around hens. Roast in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a mixing bowl, whisk together wine, chicken broth, and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil; pour over hens. Continue roasting about 25 minutes longer, or until hens are golden brown and juices run clear. Baste with pan juices every 10 minutes.
Transfer hens to a platter, pouring any cavity juices into the roasting pan. Tent hens with aluminum foil to keep warm. Transfer pan juices and garlic cloves to a medium saucepan and boil until liquids reduce to a sauce consistency, about 6 minutes. Cut hens in half lengthwise and arrange on plates. Spoon sauce and garlic around hens. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, and serve.
You'll also love
- Pork Chops (tender,oven baked) 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Tender Pork Chops in Gravy 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Banana Supreme Drink 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Seitan Scaloppine with Lemon-Olive... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Sweet Potatoes - Baked 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Corn Beef 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cranberry-Cornmeal Muffins 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Blue Cheese Venison Loaf 5/5 (2 Votes)