- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 cup gingersnaps, crumbled
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from spoonforkbacon.com
Place the pumpkin puree, condensed milk, ½ cup of cream, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove into a medium saucepan and stir over medium heat.
Simmer for 5 minutes.
Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and allow the mixture to cool completely and cover with plastic wrap.
Place in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
Once the pumpkin mixture has chilled, place the remaining cream into a stand mixer and whip until stiff peaks form, 3-5 minutes.
Gently fold the whipped cream (reserving 2/3 cup) into the pumpkin mixture until fully incorporated.
Fill six 8 ounce ramekins (trifle dishes) about 2/3 of the way with the mousse and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 to 4 hours.
Top each with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of crumbled ginger snaps.
*Note: This is a soft, not stiff, mousse!