- (for the batch):
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans or chickpea, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14 1/2) beef broth
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar, optional
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
In a Dutch oven, cook the pork, celery, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
Stir in the tomatoes, beans, tomato juice, tomato sauce, broth, carrots, zucchini, Italian seasoning, salt, sugar if desired and pepper. Brin:g to a boil. Reduce hat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
Transfer 6 cups of soup to a freezer container; freeze for up to 3 months. Add water and pasta to remaining soup; bring to a boil. Cover and cook until pasta is tender.
To use frozen soup: Thaw in the refrigerator; transfer to a large saucepan. Stir in water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Add pasta; cover and cook until tender. Yields: 2 batches (6 servings each).
You'll also love
- Cheesecake Petit Fours with Creamy... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Seafood: Shrimp and Grits 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Avocado-Spinach Panini 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Splenda Brown Sugar Pumpkin Butter 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Penne Vodka 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Split Pea Soup with Smoked Turkey... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin Soup 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Dried Beef Roll-Ups 4/5 (2 Votes)