Terriyaki Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1/2 C soy sauce
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 tbsp mirin (sweet cooking rice wine)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 lbs "beef for stir fry" or top sirloin cut into 1/4 inch strips across the grain of the meat
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
Adapted from heatherlikesfood.com
1.Whisk the soy sauce, sugar,mirin, garlic, cornstarch, red pepper flakes, and sesame oil together and set aside.
2.In a saute pan with a lid, steam broccoli florets w/ 1/4 C of water over med-high heat until just tender and bright green. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3.Heat 1-2 tbsp of oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat and and brown the meat, about 3-4 minutes, then transfer to a bowl. Working in batches if needed.
4.Re-stir the sauce and pour into hot skillet, scraping any brown bits from the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook until thickened- about 2 minutes.
5.Add beef and broccoli to the sauce, stirring to coat until hot. Serve with rice.
You'll also love
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Lemon Pie 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- 50 Things to Make with Bacon 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Hasselback Potato Gratin 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar... 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Honey Roasted Pork Loin 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Chicken and Rice With Broccoli and... 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Beef w/Red Wine Sauce 4.8/5 (8 Votes)