Slow Cooker Peking Chicken
- OUT-OF-THE-POT INGREDIENTS:
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 4 lbs.), skin discarded
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped scallions (about 6)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (about 2)
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in a greased 6- to 7-qt. slow cooker.
In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup scallions, the garlic, soy sauce, honey, ginger and sesame oil. Pour the mixture over the chicken, cover and cook on low heat until the chicken is tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted into a thigh away from the bone reads 165°, about 4 hours. Serve with the pan juices, sprinkled with 1/4 cup scallions.