Put your turkey and chicken bones to good use by making homemade soup! This is a basic recipe that you can enjoy as is or build on with added ingredients.
- turkey bones or chicken bones
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced large
- 4 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 can tomatoes
- Salt, to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 390mins
In a large pot, cover turkey or chicken bones with water and simmer until any remaining meat is easily removed from the bones, about 2 hours.
With a slotted spoon or tongs, remove bones from broth. While bones become cool enough to handle, add onion, carrots, celery and tomatoes to broth.
Remove remaining small bits of meat from bones. Add meat to the soup. Discard bones. Simmer one more hour. Salt to taste.
You'll also love
- Creamy Fettuccine with Shrimp and... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Currant & Walnut Stuffing 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Beef Vegetable Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Dulce De Leche Pumpkin Cupcakes 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup... 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Uncle Misi's Samoan turkey tails 3.7/5 (43 Votes)