Citrus-Marinated Grilled Turkey
Give your grilled turkey an extra kick with a delicious citrus marinade made from oranges. Garlic and herbs make it taste even better and will definitely impress your guests!
- CITRUS MARINADE:
- 4 tangerines, clementines, or oranges
- 1 head garlic, halved
- 1 red Thai bird chili, chopped (optional)
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (12 to 14 pound) free-range, organic turkey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 220mins
Put all the marinade ingredients into a bowl and pour over a generous amount of olive oil. Squeeze everything together with your hands to blend all the flavors.
Have the butcher cut the turkey into 4 pieces and remove the bones from the breast. (Save the neck and backbone for the gravy.) To marinate, put the turkey on a large platter and pour on the marinade; tun the turkey over in the marinade to make sure it
is well coated on both sides. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Remove the turkey from the refrigerator about 1/2 hour before you are ready to gill it. Heat the grill to medium and wipe the grate with some oil. Wipe the marinade from the turkey and season it well with salt and pepper. Put the turkey on the grill, skin side down, and cook for 30 minutes.
Turn the bird over and continue grilling, basting with more olive oil, until the juices run clear, about 1 hour total. Set aside, cover with foil, and let it rest for about 10 minutes before carving.
You'll also love
- Sausage and Pepper Polenta 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mushroom Risotto 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Wontons - Chocolate Orange Parcels... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Potato Bacon Cheddar Breakfast Bake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Banana Bread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon-Cornmeal Sheet Cookie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pesto Turkey and Pasta 5/5 (1 Votes)