Fresh guacamole is a classic go-to party food, and a true crowd-pleaser. It's simple, nutritious, and easy to prepare. Change up the usual flavor profile with this recipe which gets added tang from the green tomatillos!
Tip: Though there’s no real way to keep guacamole from turning brown eventually, you can slow the process by placing a layer of plastic wrap directly over the top of the guacamole, and by keeping it cold—even while serving.
- 4 large tomatillos, peeled and halved
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and quartered
- 1-1/3 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 4 jalapeños, seeded and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1-1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
Place the tomatillos, avocados, cilantro, jalapeños, garlic, salt, pepper, and lime juice into the bowl of a food processor, in the order listed. Pulse five times, and then process until all ingredients are fully combined and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.