Fresh guacamole is a classic go-to party food, and a true crowd-pleaser. It's simple, nutritious, and easy to prepare. Change up the usual flavor profile with this recipe which gets added tang from the green tomatillos!
Tip: Though there’s no real way to keep guacamole from turning brown eventually, you can slow the process by placing a layer of plastic wrap directly over the top of the guacamole, and by keeping it cold—even while serving.
- 4 large tomatillos, peeled and halved
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and quartered
- 1-1/3 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 4 jalapeños, seeded and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1-1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
Place the tomatillos, avocados, cilantro, jalapeños, garlic, salt, pepper, and lime juice into the bowl of a food processor, in the order listed. Pulse five times, and then process until all ingredients are fully combined and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
You'll also love
- Shrimp and Sausage. Gumbo 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Raw Vegan Strawberry-Vanilla Chia... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Apple-Bacon Sweet Potatoes 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Easy-Glazed Pearl Onions 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Shrimp & Grits with Tomatillo Sauce 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
Review this recipe