Crock Pot Bean and Veggie Taco Soup
This hearty soup will not disappoint. The flavors filled you up and warmed you up from the inside out.
- 1 cup of dry black beans, rinsed and soaked overnight
- 1 cup of dry pinto beans, rinsed and soaked overnight
- 2 cups of dry navy beans, rinsed and soaked overnight
- 10 ounce package of frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 8 ounces of whole baby carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 15 ounce can of green beans
- 2 - 1.25 ounce packets of taco seasoning
- 4 ounce can of diced green chiles
- 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 14.5 ounce can of stewed tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce
- water to cover everything (I used approximately 4 cups)
Adapted from crockpotrecipeexchange.blogspot.com
Drain the dry beans and rinse well. Put everything into a 6 quart or larger crock pot. Cook on HIGH for 8 - 10 hours.
Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream and grated cheese. I also made Mexican cornbread muffins to serve with this soup on the second night. We definitely will be making this again and again throughout the cold months.
*You could use canned beans in place of the dry. One cup of dried beans approximately equals a 15 ounce can of beans. If you use canned beans you can cut your cook time and or temperature.
*You could also cook this on low, but if using dry beans would increase the cook time dramatically.
*I mixed a packet (1 ounce) of dry ranch dressing mix with a container of sour cream to top this with. It cut the slight heat from the chiles and spices perfectly.
*Easily meat could be added. We personally thought that the flavors were so robust it wasn't necessary to add any meat. Chicken or ground beef could be added though :o)