LUBY'S LEMON ICEBOX PIE
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 extra-large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (3 to 4 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crust
Preheat oven to 300 degrees
In a medium bowl, combine milk, egg yolks, lemon juice and lemon peel.
Mix until well blended; pour into prepared crust
Bake for 5 minutes. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add sugar, a tablespoon at a time, beating constantly until stiff peaks form. Spread over filling to edge of crust.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Refrigerate until served.