Orange-Carrot Smoothie Recipe with Pear & Oats
This orange smoothie is delicious! While I usually post green smoothies, this recipe is still highly nutritious, loaded with beta-carotene, vitamin C, and with decent amounts of calcium, iron and other nutrients.
This smoothie is rich and creamy thanks to the pear and…oats!
That’s right, this smoothie contains oats! While not a typical smoothie ingredient, they work quite well in certain recipes. Oats are also loaded with fiber and protein, so there’s a nutritional incentive to use them. Just 1/4 cup of oats contains almost 7 grams of protein and 4.1 grams of dietary fiber.
Nutrients in carrots may protect cardiovascular health. Carrots are famous for protecting vision, especially night vision, thanks to their high vitamin A (as beta-carotene) content. They also help to give this smoothie its beautiful orange color.
This is a great post-workout smoothie to refuel your body. Of course, you don’t have to drink it after a workout, you can enjoy this recipe anytime.
You can always make this a green smoothie by adding some spinach or kale. I recommend adding about two cups of greens.
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 orange, peeled and seeds removed
- 1 pear, cored
- 1/4 cup dry old fashioned oats
- 8-ounces (236 ml) unsweetened almond milk, about 1 cup
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from incrediblesmoothies.com
Start by adding the liquid to your blender (I use a Vitamix), followed by the soft fruit. If you choose to add greens to this recipe, add them last. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until the smoothie is creamy.
You'll also love
- Spicy Meatballs in Tomato Sauce 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Cranberry Shortbread Cookies 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Pumpkin Squares 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Quinoa Banana Chocolate Coconut... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Lemon-Rosemary-Garlic Chicken and... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Linguine with Carrot Ribbons and... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Carrot Cake 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Orange Pecan French Toast 4.6/5 (20 Votes)