Caramel Pretzel Sticks
Combine crunchy pretzel sticks with chewy caramel to make an addicting sweet and salty treat. Milk chocolate and candy coatings are a fun bonus!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package pretzel rods
- 6 to 12 ounces white candy coating
- 6 to 12 ounces milk chocolate candy coating
- 3/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped (Optional)
In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and butter. Bring just to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue boiling, without stirring, at a moderate-steady rate for 4 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in milk.
Return to heat. Reduce to medium-low. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 245°F (firm-ball stage). Keep warm.
Pour 2 cups caramel mixture into a 2 cup glass measuring cup. Quickly dip each pretzel halfway into caramel. Allow excess to drip off. Place on well-buttered baking sheets; let stand until hardened.
In a microwave, melt white candy coating. Stir until smooth. Dip half of the caramel-coated pretzels into coating. Reserve leftover candy coating.
Melt milk chocolate coating in microwave. Dip remaining pretzels.
Drizzle white-coated pretzels with remaining milk chocolate coating. Drizzle milk chocolate-coated pretzels with remaining white candy coating. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired.
Store in an airtight container.
You'll also love
- Applesauce Oatmeal Breakfast... 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- White Christmas Cookie Tree 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Skillet Lasagna 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Chicken Alfredo Roll-Ups 4.4/5 (58 Votes)
- Dry Roasted Peanut Brittle 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Moist Lemon Angel Cake Roll 4.3/5 (63 Votes)
- Peppermint Bark 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Chili Cornbread Casserole 4.6/5 (44 Votes)