Mushroom & Apple Stuffing
Mushroom and apple stuffing is the perfect blend of savory with a touch of sweet. Stuff your next Thanksgiving turkey with this recipe or enjoy it as a side to any delicious poultry dish. This recipe can double as a main course whenever your craving this hearty treat. Substitute the chicken broth with vegetable broth to make this recipe vegetarian.
- 5 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced, about 1 pound
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 cups dried bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups hot chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups diced apple without peel
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Butter a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Preheat oven to 375°F.
Rinse, pat dry, and slice the mushrooms. In large skillet, heat butter until melted, then add the mushrooms, onions, and celery; saute for 5 minutes and remove from heat. Stir in poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
In a large mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs with broth and eggs, add the mushroom mixture, apples, and parsley; mix well. Pour into the buttered casserole dish.
Cover with foil and bake at 375°F for about 45 minutes. Remove foil cover and bake 15 minutes longer to brown top.
You'll also love
- Red Curry Shrimp Dumplings 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Hearty Cheese Tortellini 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Orange Infused Overnight Steel Cut... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Bourbon-Vanilla Bean Eggnog 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Pineapple Zucchini Cake 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Cream of Mushroom Soup 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- STREUSEL APPLE CRANBERRY PIE 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Peeps Christmas Cupcakes 4.4/5 (11 Votes)