CROCK POT CHICKEN-QUINOA-PUMPKIN SOUP
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1-14 oz can pumpkin
- 2-10 oz cans chicken breast (do not drain)
- 1-14 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped kalamata olives
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/1-1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Toppings: 1/2 cup julienne-cut baby spinach, 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes (to taste)
Adapted from tamaraleighauthor.wordpress.com
1) To crock pot set on high, add all ingredients in order listed; stir to combine, cover with lid, and get on with your day; return 4 hours later, ladle soup into bowls, and garnish with toppings; serve!
Note: If you plan on being away from the crock pot longer than 4 hours, adjust temperature to medium or low.
Servings: 6-8 dinner-sized portions