- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola or corn oil
- 1 medium or large onion, chopped
- 1 pound 4 ounces ground skinless turkey breast
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 15.5-ounce can no-salt-added pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15.5-ounce can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5-ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 3/4 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 6-ounce can no-salt-added tomato paste
- 4 medium green onions, green part only, sliced
Adapted from goredforwomen.org
Lightly spray a Dutch oven with cooking spray. Add the oil and heat over medium-high heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the onion for 3 minutes, or until soft, stirring occasionally.
Reduce the heat to medium. Stir in the turkey. Cook for 5 minutes, or until browned, stirring frequently to turn and break up the turkey.
Stir in the garlic, chili powder, pepper, and cumin. Stir in the remaining ingredients except the green onions. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through, stirring frequently. Just before serving, sprinkle with the green onions.